Monday, December 14, 2009

Diverticulitis More C C. Diff Colitis?

C. Diff Colitis? - diverticulitis more c

I was treated by a URI with an antibiotic and has developed an infection with C. difficult. He was treated with Flagyl, and the infection again three days after cessation of treatment. I am still 2 weeks Flagyl and landed in hospital with C. diff colitis. Treated with Flagyl and Vancomycin. I'm about to leave for a week, but I still have pain in the left lower quadrant, with nausea and fatigue. The pain is worse when you bend forward or squat, as it come under pressure on the abdomen. My doctor wants to do a colonoscopy. I still believe that this infection is not completely resolved, and the fear that I may again deteriorate after the treatment. What if I do better after this treatment? Do I need surgery? Could diverticulitis (bowel cancer twice already) or irritable (fight with the company), so I do not do well?
Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment